Tuesday, August 01, 2006

And all I wanted to do was sew

(reposting this from an incorrect spot!)
But what did I actually do? Clean the house- by clean I mean stripped beds- 5 of them for goodness sake, organize the girl's rooms while they are gone for the summer, wash windows, scrub tubs, toilets, sinks, vaccuum ARRG! Maybe I won't even need the use of Flybaby a decluttering website that everybody in the word but me seems to have known about forever. How could I have missed it when one of the basic premises of the whole thing seems to generate from a book my mom gave me(YES she was hinting loudly!) at least 10 years ago. Did I think about sewing? oh yes, and caught up on all the lovely articulate blogs that I seem to be gravitating to lately. bad me - reading and writing about sewing is not going to get you new pretty things!So what am I working on - glad you asked, but be forewarned - pretty boring! Curtains for the Kate = yellow for her new bedroom and pretty green and white floral for her front door. A lovely Amy Butler Cabo Halter that I am making from a vintage black and white dress that used to be my moms, or my aunts, or maybe my grandmothers. I will post a picture when I am done. My next project is a few jackets, as I am taking a jacket lining course at Patternreview. One will be the Hotpatterns Bianca jacket, one a jaquard jean jacket and I also want to try a new Vogue Pattern.and now for the quote of the day....I am woman! I am invincible! I am pooped! ~Author Unknown

No comments: