Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blouse time

I am trying to get a start on the SWAP - without getting the entire concept down in black and white yet.
I have a wonderful piece of Silk Charmeuse that I bought at Rosen and Chaddick in New York City last year. It is a geometric abstract pattern, in shades of ivory, brown and lime green.
I like lime green in small doses, and this one has just the right amount. It told me that it wants to become a blouse. Now it doesn't want to be stuffy, but it can't be too fun either! I also have leftover silk charmeuse in brown that I want to use for facings and such.
I looked at these four patterns. I have them in my stash so I am determined to use one of them. They are, in order of appearance, Butterick 4985
McCall's 5471
Vogue 7903
<



And style 105 from Burda 1/07



I like the McCalls pattern, but it is most definitely not the pattern to use for this fabric. I must remind myself to get some crisp white to use for this design!

I looked at the Vogue pattern next. While I really like this one too, I think that I want a front band. Yes I know that it would be easy to draft, but I wanted to look further.

The Butterick version is also out. Too much choppy, choppy for the fabric methinks. I love the sleeves though!

I wandered though Pattern Review to see what blouse patterns had been sewn up lately. I found the Burda WOF during my search and really like it. It has a front band, has darts back and front, and a collar with a band. I am not sure about the yoke in the back, but I can always eliminate that.

So Burda WOF it is. I will cut it out tonight, while waiting on the dozen or so trick or treaters we will see.
HAppy Halloween!
A parting shot of our girls on a Halloween night long ago..

3 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

That fabric is gorgeous. Yes, the Burda blouse sounds like a great idea!

Summerset said...

Out of those the Burda is the best - no choppy style lines, no excessive embellishments, just the fabric to speak for itself.

Cute picture!

Erica said...

Yeah JEM!