Sunday, August 06, 2006

A Simple White Tee


What ever happened to my "Connie you may not start another project until all of your UFO's are finished"? I had good intentions - really I did. I am almost finished the livingroom pillows, the Cabo halter is - well it is on the sewing counter, the Hot Patterns Bianca Jacket (whispering) "I threw it out - I ACTUALLY threw it out!", Kates tshirt is awaiting the proper colour thread. So see there - I am almost caught up!
And it really is Patternreviews fault. If I hadnt signed up for the T-shirt class, I would never have dug out alllll my tshirt patterns and I would not have remembered that I want a shirt with a gathered front.
So I dug out some white fabric, an old New Look pattern 6779- and my trusty copy of Patternmaking for Fashion Design. Thanks so much for whoever made me purchase that book.
Here is a picture of what I wanted to achieve, and how I did it.
http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/Fw6iIF0FNDYu/__sr_/c0ae.jpg?

I did it a bit too well I am afraid. While the tee is definately wearable, it is a lot too gathered and the back neckline gapes horribly. Funny since I did not alter the back neck except to lower it a titch. I will post a photo later, and try to sew up a new version tonight.
....remembering that experiments are fun, Connie, FUN!

No comments: