Thursday, September 13, 2007

It's been a while!

Yes I know!!!

I have been busy I promise you. I have my MOB dress almost ready to show! I have a few issues with the zipper in the back. The top 4 inches is only lace, and I am afraid that an invisible zipper will look *blech*. I am thinking of (for that section) using small covered buttons - like on the back of wedding dresses. I think that will look more elegant. Other than that it looks great. I promise to take a photo when the zipper is in!

I am in the process of attaching the lace to the wedding dress- I am NOT going to show any more photos of that until it is finished! Kate and I were trying to decide what to put at the junction of the ruching and the lace- about empire height. After trying a million ideas we found that a simple band of ruched chiffon looked best. For the sleeves we were alternating between ruched chiffon or lace. The chiffon won out. It will be a bit more work but I think I can do them tonight.

Life has been hectic lately. People ask me if the wedding is keeping me busy- my reply is that there are too many things to worry about BEFORE that! The Western Fair and our 4H kids is done. 42 kids plus 42 hogs for a day at the fair is tiring! The stag and doe is done! It went over very well- check out the girls site fiveblondes.wordpress.com (or click on the link at the side) It went very well. Lots of friends, great music aaanndd I got to live out my "dance on the bar" fantasy!

Still to come? The Thorndale Fair (of which I am Homecraft President) goes on next weekend. Really a whole week and a half if you consider that set up, judging etc all occurs the week before the fair. I will do a whole post on that afterwards.

I am also newly involved in a Murder Mystery group. Our first performance is the end of September and well of course I need a new costume or two!

I am planning on attending Pattern Review weekend in New York City again. I need to make a list of what I NEED this year! My next plans are to do my first SWAP. I am tentitively thinking of revolving around peacock blue
Grey, and black. More thought on that to follow!

4 comments:

Summerset said...

Girl, you are super busy!

I'd definitely do buttons and thread loops on the lace portion. It will look more elegant and give it more of a custom touch!

Good luck!

Lorna said...

With that blue, I would consider going for chocolate brown instead of the grey, unless it is a dark charcoal grey.

Erica said...

It's probably too late now, but I don't think that the fabric-covered buttons will look good on the dress. just my opinion...I think that might be a little too old fashioned for the dress.

Connie B said...

Honeybunch - aint no way covered buttons are "oldfashioned" You may be happy though- or dismayed! that I am instead using some of my antique buttons that I have upstairs in the Wedding Room. I couldn't find any covered ones that were tiny enough